Pages

FUJI

9:33 PM

FUJI
113-27 Queens Boulevard
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(718) 263-3636


There are so many places to get sushi in Forest Hills that we tend to just stick with the first halfway decent place we can get our grubby hands on. My last attempt was at Chikurin and I was sorely let down. Naturally, heading back to Queens Boulevard for sushi made me think twice after such an experience, as it would with anyone. But this time, I was pleased with my selection.



Fuji is a full service Japanese restaurant a little east of the main drag, near the firehouse and the Pinnacle building. I arrived ahead of Pike and, with a few minutes to kill, immediately ordered a cold beer. Well, immediate is a relative term. As you can see by the photo, it was relatively empty, yet it took seemingly forever for a waitress to get to my table. A wait might not have been so bad in and of itself had Fuji bothered to add air conditioners to its list of things to buy. The place was a sauna and I was cooking in my seat. When I finally got a waitress, I ordered an Asahi. It was gone before Pike showed up.



At least the sushi was good. I ordered the Sashimi Regular plate which, unlike the same dish at Chickurin, came out unspoiled by the ravages of time. It was pretty good if I dare say. I also ordered an Eel Roll, since who but a complete nazi traitor doesn't like an eel roll? I was stuffed by the end, which I didn't see coming. Pike, meanwhile, ordered the Fuji Roll (shrimp tempura and avocado) along with something else I didn't write down (but did steal a piece of). Overall, we left pleased.




I like Fuji, but man oh man, please someone tell them to order an AC. I mean, Christ! PC Richard is right across the street! The standard rolls cost an average of $4. The more complex ones are in the $10 range. All you cheap-assed Chikurin people should walk the extra four blocks. Trust me.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

The contents of this website/weblog are the property of its author and are protected under the copyright and intellectual property laws of the United States of America. The views expressed within are the opinions of the author. All rights reserved.

Readers are free to copy and distribute the material contained within, but such external use of the author's original material must be properly attributed to the author. Attribution may be through a link to the author's original work. Derivative use is prohibited. The borrower may not alter, transform, or build upon the work borrowed.

The author is free to change the terms of this copyright at any time and without notice. At the written request by the borrower, the author may choose to waive these rights.

Labels

Press