Pages

FRANKIE & JOEY'S PIZZERIA

12:50 AM

FRANKIE & JOEY'S HAS CLOSED
FRANKIE & JOEY'S PIZZERIA
110-80 Queens Boulevard
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(718) 520-7601


Frankie & Joey's Pizzeria sits on what I think must be one of the most valuable spots on Queens Boulevard: right next to the Midway multiplex. Every time people want a quick bit to eat without fearing that they'll be late for their overpriced show, they're likely to consider Frankie & Joey's. Who needs advertising... or even a website?



And that's exactly why I went. I got home from work (late, as usual) and decided "screw it, I'm seeing a movie". I literally hadn't eat all day and figured, what better time than now to binge on a variety of pizza slices?

Frankie & Joey's is pretty new, having taken over from a previous pizza joint a couple of years ago, and they're relatively new looking. Note the word "relatively". This isn't a hard task, given that their closest competition is uber-generic J&D over on Austin or the uber-in-need-of-renovation-and-a-mop Sorisi right on Continental.

I chose to try the Plain slice, the Chicken slice, and the Ziti slice. And here's my opinion on all three: they tasted fine. Yep. Fine. And while they won't win any awards, I'd order any of them again. If any of them tasted bad, I'd tear them up like Kleenex at a snot party.



See, New York pizza, which I will place Frankie & Joey's squarely in the category of, can be bad (read: godawful), fine (read: good), or damn good (read: damn good). Fine means that when it's there, you'll eat it, be happy, and not complain. Frankie & Joey's is good for what it is, good New York pizza to suck down a few slices of with a soda before a movie while BSing with friends.

From now on, this will be my go-to Pizza place when waiting for a movie or if I happen to be walking by. (but my go-to place when I order a bunch of pies for poker night will be Lillian on 68th)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

The contents of this website/weblog are the property of its author and are protected under the copyright and intellectual property laws of the United States of America. The views expressed within are the opinions of the author. All rights reserved.

Readers are free to copy and distribute the material contained within, but such external use of the author's original material must be properly attributed to the author. Attribution may be through a link to the author's original work. Derivative use is prohibited. The borrower may not alter, transform, or build upon the work borrowed.

The author is free to change the terms of this copyright at any time and without notice. At the written request by the borrower, the author may choose to waive these rights.

Labels

Press